300 Prospect Ave.
Hot Springs, AR 71901
Levi Physical Therapy Clinic
147 Section Line Rd
Hot Springs, AR 71913
Aquatic Physical Therapy
Levi Hospital is the only aquatic physical therapy near me with a 40-foot by 25-foot physical therapy pool filled with natural thermal Hot Springs waters for optimal pain reduction and injury recovery.
Aquatic therapy aids in pain and muscle spasm reduction. In addition, aquatic physical therapy increases endorphin production (feel-good hormones) in the body to help promote muscle relaxation.
Physical Therapy Pool
Performing physical therapy exercises in our therapy pool helps reduce stress and strain on the spine by decreasing body weight impact on the back.
Therapy water sessions help patients recover from spine and muscle injuries and manage chronic pain.
Benefits of Aquatic Therapy
- Decreased weight thru the spine: exercising in water at chest level reduces the weight thru your spine by approximately 75%
- Pain reduction- research shows that even without exercise, just being in water releases endorphins that affect the body and mind
- Reduced muscle spasms- being submerged in the Hot Springs water helps reduce protective muscle tightness and spasms allowing for more normalized movement
- Enhanced relaxation-warm water immersion and exercise decreases muscle spasm and tightness
- Rapid recovery- by reducing the stress of body weight, most patients and can do more and progress quickly with a use of aquatic therapy
Levi Hospital has a 40-foot by 25-foot rehab pool filled with thermal waters from Hot Springs National Park that help patients recover from their injuries.