300 Prospect Ave.
Hot Springs, AR 71901
Levi Physical Therapy Clinic
147 Section Line Rd
Hot Springs, AR 71913
Levi Radiology Services
Levi Hospital provides standard diagnostic imaging as well as bone densitometry with convenient and easy scheduling.
Bone Density Testing
All radiology exams including bone density must be ordered by your physician. Levi Hospital provides standard diagnostic imaging as well as bone densitometry with convenient and easy scheduling. Testing your bone density – how strong your bones are – is the only way to know for sure if you have osteoporosis. One common test doctors use is called dual energy x-ray absorptiometry, also known as DEXA.
Bone density testing is strongly recommended for:
- Women ages 60 or older who have a higher chance of getting a fracture
- Post-menopausal women and not taking estrogen
- Personal or maternal history of hip fracture or smoking
- Men with clinical conditions associated with bone loss
- Experienced a fracture after a mild trauma